Friday, April 19, 2019

30a. ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

The memories

One of the most formative experiences is probably interviewing all the different types of people, not only because I'm a journalist so it was a nice way to keep my head fresh but also gave me some insight in how to ask questions and get to the topic and insights I want through questioning.

Joy-wise, I'd probably say getting the pitch cleaned up on the third (second) attempt as I haven't done self recorded videos in a long time and working on communicating my product was just a nice mental experiment in priority and speaking.

I definitely see myself in a more entrepreneurial mindset, taking in different ideas and concepts around me and thinking about how they can be turned into nice ventures or even just exploring how things could be solved. My mental bug list, while hard to remember in the long run, is filled to the brim and always ha me on my toes in the short run.

For future students, I recommend finding something that what you want to practice and try and practice it with your writing and experimenting with this class. Adjacent learning and consistency is motivating enough to make sure you keep going with the class. And work on your active listening, hearing people speak honestly and openly takes time and removing oneself from the situation to truly get to the heart of the conversation.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah I bet studying journalsim probably was helpful for this class. I can see how it is very rewarding to finally nail something that you've put a lot of effort into. This class was actually more enjoyable for me than I thought it would be so I hope you enjoyed it too and best of luck on your concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel,
    First, go J-School! Second, I have to say that I'm beyond glad that you were in my ENT3003 blog group because I have never enjoyed reading someone's discussion posts more than I did yours. I love how your gifs were always right on point and never failed to inspire me to read more of your blog posts. Thank you for your thorough and detailed comments on my posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Daniel,
    I thought it was neat that the class was beneficial not only for your entrepreneurial formation but also for your journalist studies. I think the advice on active listening is key, as ultimately one the purpose of exploiting an opportunity is to deliver the satisfaction that customers seek, and what better way to do it than hearing them out. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to say it here because if anybody tells you different they're lying: your blog was definitely the best, by far. Nobody put in nearly as much creativity and passion into their blogs, so why would I, as a potential investor, give money to them? You showed character and that's something you can't teach an entrepreneur, and for that reason I think you're gonna make it.

    ReplyDelete